Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Political Me


Welcome to Political Me, my name is Juan Morales I am 23 years old and a student currently at Austin Community College enrolled in government 2305. Today's blog will cover... wait for for it, yup you guessed it, political me. What does that mean you ask? Well I have asked myself that same question multiple times and this is what I came up with.

I was raised in a very conservative and religious home where political advice was mainly coming from a pastor, or some religious television show. When it came time to start learning how to vote I realized that while conservative views where what I had known my entire life, that I was actually leaning on some liberal viewpoints. After many disagreements with my parents and endless "Where do you stand" quizzes I learned that I am definitely not an extreme conservative or liberal, but more middle-of-the-road. Since I claimed to be in the middle of both political stances I have lost my interest in politics. One of my goals of taking this government course is to open up discussion and maybe broaden my views so that I can be more proactive on understanding political views. Afterwards I hope to be able to take away a deeper understanding of politics and government so that I may be able to make those choices and vote for something that could change the world.

And that folks is political me.

No comments:

Post a Comment